Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Update


Just a little update on each member of our little family (you know, stuff that doesn't really have pictures):

Keegan is turning into such a fun little baby! He's definitely come along way from his first few months of grumpiness and is now a mellow, smiley baby. He loves playtime! Keegan's favorite play spots are in the doorway jumper, exersaucer, playmat, bathtub, highchair - basically anywhere we put him, he's happy and playing with toys - oh and the POOL! Seriously, I've never seen a baby so content in the pool. He will float and splash for hours! I have to make sure to take him out to at least eat and sleep every few hours because he doesn't fuss at all. He doesn't mind getting splashed and just likes to watch everyone else swimming. Keegan is a great eater and does pretty well sleeping at night (though, still not in his crib). He loves to watch Logan play and will often reach towards Logan and his toys. Every once in awhile, Keegan will have a conversation with Josh. They will take turns talking back and forth - it's really very cute. Most days, Keegan is a Mama's-boy - he likes to be near me, I don't have to be holding him just in the same room. I'm pretty sure his bottom teeth are starting to come in, so he's been a little more clingy lately and is having some bad nights. (Teething is definitely my least favorite part of baby-hood.)

Logan is getting closer to his 2nd birthday and it seems he is learning something new everyday. He is constantly making us laugh with his new sayings and habits! This week, he was doing something and we clapped for him saying, "Yay Logan!" and he bowed his head and said "thank you" over and over like he just finished his solo performance on stage! Josh and I were laughing so hard! Logan also has gotten much better at the pool, sometimes it takes him awhile to warm up but when he does - he goes crazy! He doesn't have much fear of the water it seems. Yesterday he was jumping off the side into my arms over and over! And he kept asking to go "down there" (the deep end) where Aiden was swimming. Logan also LOVES the beach - he wants to be down by the water a lot, or in the ocean with Josh but is also happy to play with the sand. He gets so excited when I put his swimsuit on - asking "beach? beach?" again and again. Logan is talking more and more everyday. He speaks in sentences now, "What's that noise?" "Look I climbing!" "I got it." When I ask him where his Daddy is he replies, "Daddy working. Trooper!" Or he'll tell me, "at the troop!" He's also in an independence phase - which means everything takes a little bit longer, so we just slow down and wait for him to figure it out or ask for help. 

Josh is loving work, which is good because he's working a lot! He had his promotional exam a few weeks ago - passed it and is waiting for the official email announcing him as a Trooper First Class (TFC). Which, to my understanding, is just like a regular Trooper - but with more leg room. ;) Juuuust kidding. He will be off "probation" which opens up more extra duty jobs and he can apply for special departments now too. Actually, he's preparing now for a test at the end of July. It is a test that allows you to take a class that is required to apply for the SWAT team. I'm not sure about the application process. And then there's actual SWAT school. It's a loooong process, but this is the first step - and Josh is so excited/nervous. He's working his normal 12-hour shifts and has tons of extra duty (pay jobs) lined up for this month. I think he's either working, on a pay job, or on call for court almost every day of July. CRAZY busy! The crazy people definitely come out in the warm summer weather. Josh is also a bit busier with his new calling in church (2nd Counselor in Elders' Quorum). But it's been fun for him so far. 

As for me, I'm enjoying my life as a mama and wife. I love my little boys and the rare occasion when Josh is home to join the fun too! Haha I've been going to physical therapy for some knee pain and it seems to be working - finally! I'm also considering it a successful summer so far, as I have yet to find a place for our swimsuits in the closet/dresser. We have been in the pool or at the beach a good amount this summer - so the suits are either being washed, packed in a beach bag, or drying. No need for a swimsuit drawer this summer :) I (sadly) have NO pictures of my kids playing on the beach because we are all usually having too much to remember the camera/phone. But that is my goal for next trip - pictures! I'm also having fun trying new meals and desserts I find on pinterest. I think Josh's shift/troop is enjoying it too - I often send in the desserts for them because I don't want them here. I'm also working on getting this baby weight off - I've lost 15 lbs so far (only about 100 more to go!) After my physical therapy finishes, we're thinking about joining a gym - with a day care center - that's pretty cheap... we should probably start looking. ;) 

No comments: